Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Word Crimes

Well, this is embarrassing.

Yeah, it's Wednesday.

Yeah, I forgot.

No, I don't have my post about tense ready. :'(

But, it's Word-Craft Wednesday, right? So let's learn a little bit about grammar from the great Weird Al Yankovic!

Seriously, I love this video. You have to watch it!

Some of my favorite features include:
  • Letters that are not in the word 'espresso' 
  • Things for which quotation marks ought not be used
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reference (it's in there!)
  • The difference between 'good' and 'well'

 

For as awesome as it is, however, there is one grammar error that Weird Al himself makes in this music video. First person to find it wins a prize!

That's a lie. I don't have a prize for you. But if you want to pretend I do, do whatever makes you happy.

Okay, so next week I'll do a discussion on tense in narrative writing. Yeesh.

What's your favorite part of this music video? Did you spot the error? Sound off in the comments!


Like my blog? Use the form in the sidebar to subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment